Monday, June 22, 2009

Where Have I Been?

I really hate to complain on my blog; I know there is little that will keep people from returning like complaints. However, I feel the need to let you know where I have been and where I will probably be for the near future so you don't worry.

Morning sickness. What a misnomer! I feel the best (which isn't saying much) first thing in the morning before I have eaten anything. Of course, I feel weak because I haven't eaten anything, too. Then I just feel yucky all-day-long. Thankfully, I haven't actually gotten sick yet, but I feel crummy until I go to bed at night. Ugh! I know a lot of people, including some of my readers, have had a whole lot worse case of morning sickness, so I try not to complain too much.

My point of all of this is that I don't feel like blogging. What I really want to do is lie on the couch and watch tv. Of course, I cannot do that; rather, I won't do that. There is too much to do, and I have two other little ones who would like some of my attention. Anyway, if I am not here very often, if I don't comment on your blog very much, please understand why. I have completed about eight weeks of this pregnancy, so I hopefully will feel better in five more when I am done with this trimester.

Along with not feeling well, I am tired. I had forgotten how tired being pregnant makes me. I worked this past weekend, and all I did when I got home was sit on the couch. Last night, I warned John that I just was not able to keep the house as neat and clean as usual. He was very understanding which I appreciated. If you come over, please don't look too closely.

In case you are wondering, yes, we are very excited about this baby that is coming. As I said above, I am about eight weeks along. My post-baby pooch has become a baby bump, and that is fun, too. Maybe I will have John take a picture soon, if you're interested.

Again, I'm not really looking for sympathy; I just want you to know why I may not post as often in the near future.

6 comments:

Angela said...

Aww...I barely posted at all during my first trimester! I definitely feel you on not wanting to blog. I hope you can get to feeling better!

Nikki said...

I'm not posting much either but I don't have much of an excuse...just enjoying the time off from school.

I do hope you feel better soon. I will check in from time to time to see if you've posted. I do enjoy your blog very much!!

BTW...I didn't think you were complaining at all. ;)

MyKidsMom said...

Complain away Nikki:) It really doesn't matter how much (or how little) morning sickness you have, it's crummy all the same. I hope it tapers off some in your second trimester. And don't feel guilty about getting extra rest, your body really needs it right now.

I will absolutely be offended if you DON'T comment on my posts! LOL But since I'm only posting about once a week, it gives you a lot of leeway. If I up it to two times a week, I'll be much more understanding;)

Small Town Mamma said...

Yep, I totally understand how you are feeling. I even stopped watering my pot plants for about 6 months when pregnant with Ryan. Take care, and do try to get lots of rest (ha ha, I know). It is totally ok for the kids to wear the same clothes 2 days in a row! Have you tried nibbling gingernut biscuits for the morning sickness?

Marva said...

Hoping the sickies pass quickly......saying a prayer for you and complain away! I too am lacking on posting and commenting.

Hugs and blessings!!!!!!!!

daynagonzalez said...

Glad your back and I hope you're feeling better, soon! Does Sarah Beth get it yet? Is she interested? What if there are two!?