Monday, June 15, 2009

Surreal Pregnancy

For me, that's what the first couple of weeks of pregnancy are -- surreal. You don't feel pregnant because the morning sickness hasn't hit yet; you certainly don't look pregnant; and no one knows that you are pregnant yet. However, the surreality wore off last Thursday when we told my parents and when I started not feeling well. At church yesterday, I had a good time telling people, and they were all excited. What fun!

Sarah Beth doesn't quite seem to get it, and Daniel certainly doesn't. Yesterday we asked Sarah Beth about "the baby in Mommy's tummy," and she said that there are two. Two? When John asked if they were boys or girls, she replied, "Boys and girls." Apparently, I'm having twins, a boy and a girl. When I clarified with her, and asked if there was just one baby, she said, "No. Two babies." Oh, my! Just in case you are wondering, twins do not run in either of our families!

9 comments:

daynagonzalez said...

Twins do not run in either of your families? What do you call Jon and Sherry?!?!

Angela said...

DITTO to Dayna's comment!! Seriously, those are the exact words I was about to type :)

Jen said...

Congratulations, Nikki! It is fun to hear that you are having another baby. As for Feb. 5... I have THREE friends who have that birthday.. .from three different "parts" of my life... high school, college, and SC :) Congrats again!

Nikki said...

Dayna and Angela, Jon and Sherry are drug-induced twins.

MyKidsMom said...

LOL By drug-induced, I'm hoping you mean fertility drugs Nikki:) That is such a funny way of putting it (sorry, I had to poke a little fun at you;).

So, we shall see if Sarah Beth has the gift of prophecy in 4 months or so:)

Small Town Mamma said...

That is so cute! We had a really great book to read to Naomi, when I was pregnant with Ryan. It was called "There's a House Inside my Mummy". Great rhymes, and just enough explanation to quench a little one's curiosity.

Nikki said...

Sasha, I will have to check it out! Thanks!

Laura said...

I personally hope that Sarah Beth is right. :) That would be so wonderful!!! I would be jealous though.

daynagonzalez said...

I never knew that about Jon and Sherry..obviously. :o)