Wednesday, June 10, 2009

My Little Helper


Sarah Beth and I baked these buttermilk oatmeal muffins this morning.  My good friend Laura shared the recipe a while ago, but it is one of my staples for muffins because they are so good and fairly healthful.  Sarah Beth loves to help "stir up," and she is pretty good at it.  I enjoy only having to measure and add the ingredients, while she does the majority of stirring.  And, yes, those are my new bowls.  I really like them, and they do make me smile whenever I see them.  But I digress.

Last week, my mother kept Daniel and Sarah Beth for me while I went to the optometrist.  I wasn't having any problems; it was just time for my annual check up.  My mom needed to feed them a snack that afternoon, and she was impressed when Sarah Beth carried her dishes over to the counter.  Of course, we have been working on that lately, but it is another "chore" that Sarah Beth enjoys.

Sarah Beth loves to help, and I am trying to capitalize on it while I can.  I figure that if she grows up always helping her mother, then we will have fewer problems with willingness to help later.  

2 comments:

MyKidsMom said...

That picture is just too cute! I love the smile on her face. Love the bowls too.

Angela said...

That is such a cute picture! I love her little top, too!