Saturday, June 6, 2009

My Garden

Oh, my!  I cannot believe how my garden is growing.  Just look at it!  It is almost time for another level of supports for the corn.

I know that summer squash is supposed to be prolific, but I cannot believe how many squash are growing!  I told John that they are uncountable.  No, I don't mean that I have an infinite amount of squash; I just mean that there are too many for me to count!  When I peer under the squash leaves, I feel like I'm looking into a jungle!  By the way, I'm not sure when to pick my squash.  Should I wait until all the green is gone?

I have some little baby beans growing.  They caught me by surprise this week.  I'm not sure what I expected, but that wasn't it!

I also have the beginnings of corn on the cob!  Yum!

How is your garden growing?

6 comments:

MyKidsMom said...

Wow, it really is taking off Nikki. I only planted 6 zucchini plants this year, and I doubt we'll be able to eat all of those. Did you plant any tomatoes? I seem to remember you saying you don't like them (or maybe that was John?). Your garden is so interesting to me, in that it's such a small area with so much in it. I definitely would like to try out the square foot gardening method sometime.

Small Town Mamma said...

What a great veg garden! what is the special stuff that it is all growing in?

Nikki said...

Sasha, I'm not sure, but it's a special medium. You can read more about it at www.gardeningrevolution.com.

Laura said...

I'm impressed! It looks great, Nikki.

Nikki said...

Your garden looks great!! As for mine, we have already gotten lettuce, cabbage, turnips, and red potatoes. At present, we are waiting for the beans, squash, corn, onions, tomatoes, cucumbers, and the rest of the potatoes to come in. I really need to do a blog post about it. Maybe I'll get around to it soon.

Hope you enjoy all your veggies!!

Mrs. Darling said...

Love the garden! This new method seems to really be all they said it was going to be, do you think?