Tuesday, June 2, 2009

May Review of New Year's Goals

It's that time of the month, time to review my New Year's goals.  I almost wish I hadn't started this, but I am also kind of glad that I did.  What's the point of setting goals if you never look back at them to see how you are doing?  On the other hand, I know I am not doing well with a couple of them, and who wants to look at their own failure month after month?
  1. Crochet one baby blanket a month.  I sure am glad that I started with an easy one.  So far, so good with this goal.
  2. Teach Sarah Beth her letters.  This goal is coming along so very slowly that I may as well say that it's stagnant.  It is not her fault at all; I just don't take the time to sit down with her to teach her.  (Laziness -- that's a post for another time.)
  3. Get Daniel to walk.  You will not see this goal again because he is walking.  Thankfully, he hasn't started running yet.
  4. Exercise.  Hey!!  I have started walking again in our neighborhood.  Let me tell you that walking up these hills pushing a double stroller is not easy.  Here is one goal that I have not done well so far this year, but finally I am!  I think I deserve a pat on the back.  
  5. Getting up early.  Apparently, I have been successful (maybe too much) in getting my internal alarm clock set to wake me up early.  Even on weekends, I wake up about 6:30 a.m., knowing that I may as well get up because I won't be going back to sleep.  Oh, how I savor those few minutes in the morning while the house is quiet.  
  6. Hospitality.  This goal is the one that I am doing the worst at, and the one I feel the worst about.  Do you have any suggestions for me?  It probably is as easy as just picking up the phone.
  7. Writing letters.  If only I had someone to write.  Maybe I should go through my address book!
How are you doing with your goals for the year?  Do you even remember what your goals were?

2 comments:

GritsGirl said...

Hi,
Looks like you are doing a great job at continuing in your new years goals!!
I have a letter to send to you but the return address on the one you sent me smugged and I cant read the street name :)
If you will email it I will get it in the mail :)

IF said...

Oooo, write a letter to me in Poland!!! :) I love getting mail here!! :)