Monday, March 16, 2009

Handmade for You

Amanda tagged me for this in facebook, but I thought I would post it on my blog.  It will show up in facebook in a little while since I have them linked.

I love making stuff, so the first five people to respond to this post will get something made by me.

This offer does have some restrictions, so please read carefully:
  • I made no guarantees that you will like what I make.
  • what I create will be just for YOU.
  • it will be done this year (2009).
  • it will be something made in the real world and not something over the internet.
  • it might be a CD, baked goods, an original photograph, a poem, a calligraphy (no, it won't),  cross-stitch, something painted by me...who knows!  There are other things it might be, too, but I promise whatever it is, it will be made for YOU and with YOU in mind!
In return, all you need to do is post this on your blog or facebook, and make five things for five other people.

Void where prohibited, use only as directed, for a limited time only, store in a cool, dry place.  Let's keep it going!

P.S.  Anyone may participate!  Not only those who are tagged.  I only tagged a few people I thought might be interested in doing this, but it is by no means a requirement to be tagged or not to participate.  (I didn't actually tag anyone, so it is open to anybody!)

**In your comments, please give me three areas of interest to you (e.g.  crocheting, reading, baking, politics, journaling, crocheting (did I mention that one already?)).

So...who's interested?

8 comments:

Angela said...

This looks like fun! I'd like to play along :)

Laura said...

This does look like fun! Unfortunately I've been feeling a little overwhelmed lately and my to-do list (still don't have curtains up in most of the house, need to laminate a bunch of things for school, etc) is getting longer and longer. I'm not sure that I would be able to keep up my end of the deal (making something for five people), so I'm going to have to sit out this time. I guess I'd better get to work instead of reading blogs. :)

MyKidsMom said...

I might be able to do it during Summer school break, but like Laura I'm a little nervous committing to it at this point. Sounds like fun. And it might not be as hard as it sounds at first. Let me think about it.

Nikki said...

Ladies, I just want to point out that you have all year (what's left of it anyway) to make something. But I understand because I was hesitant at first, too.

Marva said...

I'm in, if the offer is still open! Let me know and if so I will post it tonight. Blessings and what a wonderful idea!

Marva said...

I forgot........and too you probably already know.... I love your crocheted items, I love blogging and Cooking (baking.......food in general!).

If I don't get this up tonight, I will tomorrow.

Blesssings!

smilernpb said...

Hi, I've popped over from Marva's blog to say hi. I would love to participate in this if you have any spaces left.

I will have some spare time on my hands over the next couple of weeks, and this sounds like a lovely way to keep me busy! I will be posting my offer (on my blog) sometime tomorrow.

Let's see, my current hobbies are cross stitch, baking (mainly naughty things like cakes and cookies) and making things from felt and material (see my blog). But I live in the UK, so this might be a problem if you are not happy about posting internationally.

Let me know!!

Courtney Payne said...

I hope there is room for me! I think this sounds like so much fun! I will post this on my face book wall! My areas of interest are crafts...what? you want me to narrow it down? Okay!! I like reading,cooking, and anything that makes my day to day activities a little easier! Thanks Nikki