Wednesday, December 31, 2008

WIP Wednesday

When I read Mrs. H's post about listing finished works, I looked back to all my works-in-progress, and I realized that I don't post pictures of finished works, so I won't link back to them.  Here is a blanket that I am trying to get finished now; I started it back when I was pregnant with Daniel and just never got around to finishing it.  I picked it back up last week after I finished the blanket for John's friend.  I saw this pattern in a magazine and really wanted to make it, but I don't know what I will do with it.  It's fairly big, and I have several blankets that size that I don't use.  Oh, well.  It's a pretty pattern, so I'm glad that I made it.  I only have two more rounds to crochet, and it will be done.

This blanket is made from five panels, but this picture just shows three (two are repeats).  You can see the detail a little better from this close-up.  

As for my other work-in-progress, the upstairs spare room, well, it has been put on hold until next week.  My mother and grandmother came over to visit this morning.  As soon as they left, two of Laura's children came over to play while their daddy picked up their momma and new baby brother.  So I've been too busy today to work up there.  Besides, only Angela and her husband Dustin will be staying with us, so I think they will be okay sharing the guest room. 

If you have a work-in-progress, you ought to join me over the Place of H.

2 comments:

Mrs. H. said...

You're blanket is turning out beautiful. Be sure to post a picture when it is finished!

MyKidsMom said...

Maybe one of my New Year's resolutions should be to learn to crochet in 2009, huh?

Happy New Year!:)

PS. One of the reasons I'm excited about seeing in the new year is because I haven't in SO long. It's just not worth it the next day when you have the little kidlets. I'm not even sure the Princess is going to be up to it this year.