Monday, December 22, 2008

Three Days Until Christmas!

Are you ready? I think I am. At least, I think I have all of the gifts bought that I need to buy. (John still has a couple to buy, I think.) Of course, I still have almost everything to wrap. My dining room table is covered in wrapping paper, so all I need to do is sit down and do it. But there is never a good time. I cannot wrap presents when Daniel is around because he will make a beeline for the Christmas tree, and I will spend all of my time chasing him down. I cannot wrap Sarah Beth's presents when she is awake, and I cannot wrap John's when he is home. Oh, my! But it will get done...probably in shifts. How about you? How are things coming at your house?

Today is laundry day. When I am finished, I will have washed and dried five loads. I don't usually let it pile up so badly, and I'm not sure how that happened this time. I'm waiting for that last load to finish washing, so I can stick it in the dryer. Then I still have to fold everything. I taped A Christmas Carol with Patrick Stewart, and I think I will watch that while I fold clothes.

Tomorrow I am going to visit some friends. One lives in Connecticut, and the other in Houston. They are in town for Christmas. I went to school with one of them from the third grade on, and we graduated high school together. The other one is her sister, and we are fairly close as well, just from being around each other so much.

Wednesday I will be busy getting the house ready for Christmas dinner. It is my turn to host my family this year, and I'm looking forward to it. There are nineteen of us: nine adults and ten children. It will be fun! I need to wash my china because I plan to use it. We have it, and we may as well use it! I also need to clean off the dining room table which means I have to get my wrapping done before then. I have a couple of pies to make, too. Oh, and we have a service at church, too.

Holidays are supposed to be busy, aren't they? In the middle of this, I am starting to wean Daniel. I wanted to wait until after the New Year, but I had a scare last week that I had developed mastitis again. I don't want that, so I moved the weaning up a little bit. So far so good!

I will try to be around some this week, but it may not happen as much as usual. I hope you have a good week!

5 comments:

MyKidsMom said...

I hate wrapping presents, so I try to mostly put it off. I have to put a few under the tree for the kids to get excited about beforehand though.

Have a great time visiting with your friends and family!

Love your new picture! Your kids sure have grown since the last picture:)

MyKidsMom said...

Hey Nikki, your package arrived in the mail today. The coasters are just lovely, thanks so much!!

IF said...

I feel you on that one! So busy here as well.. mounds of laundry downstairs. At least Irek has 5 days off... Oh I can't wait.. I may, just may be able to catch up... I too have to wrap presents. I forgot wrapping paper in the US and a tiny little roll is so expensive here compared to there... maybe I can find some newspaper. I just have a hard time spending so much on something that goes right into the trash.... Is that cheap of me or what! haha. I have to go to the stores today and get things for cookies and Christmas dinner (We are having Irek's family here on Christmas day) My sweet potatoes and can of pumpkin arrived just in time! Our packages I mailed came in on Sunday! :) Yeah!!! I pray I never get the mastitis. THat sounded horrible! HUgs to you and your family! Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas!

MyKidsMom said...

Hello again:) Just has a quick question: two packages of coasters arrived in the mail (at different times). Just wondering if that happened purposely or if it was a mistake? If you can't get back to me til after the holiday, that's fine. Just wanted to make sure you knew.

daynagonzalez said...

Merry Christmas! Hope you have fun with a full house today and I'm looking forward to seeing you next week!! :o)