Friday, December 5, 2008

Recipe Fun Friday

I'm glad that I opened this up to all recipes, not just new ones because I did not try any new recipes this week.  John left for a work trip Monday and got back home last night.  I hate cooking for just Sarah Beth and me, so I usually don't.  But I have used a bunch of recipes in the past couple of weeks that I could share with you like the Easy Key Lime Pie or the Cornbread Casserole.  My dad's birthday was this past weekend, too, and I made Cookie Dough Cupcakes with Chocolate Buttercream Frosting because he really likes those.  Oh, wait!  I did try a new recipe, and I could share about the Chocolate Pecan Pie that Mrs. H told us about; I made it for Thanksgiving, too.  

But the recipe that I want to share with you this week is Chocolate Mousse.  I'm sure you know how much more difficult it is to take care of little ones when you husband is out of town (and if you don't know, you are fortunate).  So when John is gone, I make this recipe as a treat for myself.  It is really good, especially with some whipped cream on top, and fairly easy to make.  After I get the children in bed at night, I like to sit on the couch and savor every bite.  Yummy!  One of the good things about this recipe (or one of the bad things, depending on your point of view) is that it only makes two servings.  When I make it for John and me, we eat it one evening, and then it is gone.  It is not like cookies and pie that linger for a few days.  I'm sorry that I do not have a picture, but I don't have any "nice" containers to put the mousse in, so it would not have been very photogenic.  

What recipe would you like to share with us this week?  Remember that your post will be counted as an entry into my giveaway.  


5 comments:

MyKidsMom said...

They ALL sound good:) And anything I can put whip cream on is especially a winner-YUM!

So does this mean I just tripled my chances to win? LoL

Nikki said...

Yes, it means that you tripled your chances of winning! Doesn't that make you feel good?

Laura said...

That Chocolate Mousse does sound really good! And I like the fact that it doesn't make a whole lot. Maybe if I had more self control it wouldn't be a problem though. :)

MyKidsMom said...

Feelin' good:)

Honestly, I am just so excited for you about the new entries for your giveaway! It's so much fun, which is why I would have one going non-stop if I could. I'm still looking for the perfect thing for mine. Maybe I should hire someone to do poinsetta coasters...LoL:)

Angela said...

I'm a few days late (and I know...too late for the contest) but at least I got it done!