Friday, December 19, 2008

Recipe Fun Friday -- Taco Ring

I am sorry that I am late with this post.  I got behind this morning and was not able to get this up before I left to run errands.  

This week I want to share an easy recipe that I like to make when I don't have much time to prepare supper.  I got this recipe from my sister, and I think she got it from Pampered Chef.  It is easy, and it is yummy.  Those are two of the best ingredients I can think of for any dish!

Taco Ring
1 pound ground beef
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1 packet taco seasoning (use as much or as little as you like)
2 cans crescent rolls (we use the reduced fat ones)

Brown the ground beef, and pour off the fat.  Add the taco seasoning and cheese.  Mix well.  Unroll the crescent rolls, but leave in a sheet.  Put the meat mixture on top of the rolls, and fold the rolls up over the meat.  Bake according to the directions on the can of crescent rolls.

It will look something like this when you're done.  It doesn't look like much, does it?

This is what your slice will look like.  It still doesn't look like much, does it?  But it sure does taste good.

Do you have a recipe you would like to share this week?  If so, please leave a link.



6 comments:

Marva said...

This sounds great! And easy!

Do you add water to the taco seasoning like you usually do? Just making sure, I hope to make this tomorrow or Monday.

Thanks and blessings!

MyKidsMom said...

Looks good to me:) I didn't manage to get a recipe up this week, but I'll be back on board next time. Have a great weekend!

Nikki said...

Marva, there is usually enough liquid (fat) left in the ground beef (even after I drain the fat) that I don't need to add any water. But you certainly can add a little bit if you need to, to get the taco seasoning to mix well with the meat.

daynagonzalez said...

I think my mom probably made Taco Ring a thousand times when she sold Pampered Chef, and it was a hit every time. :o)

I got your Christmas card today...such a great picture! :o)

GritsGirl said...

This sounds yummy I will definatly add it to my "to try list". THanks for visiting my blog earlier :)!!

Your Frugal Friend, Niki said...

Pampered Chef, right?

My friend used to sell it and this was so so yummy.

:)