Monday, December 29, 2008

Our Week Ahead

John took all of last week off, and it was nice to have him home with us all week.  However, it is also nice to get back into our routine this week.  Sarah Beth, Daniel, and I are all tired.  I think we need a few days to recover!  John has Thursday and Friday off this week, also, and he looks forward to a four-day weekend.

We have company coming this weekend.  My cousin Dayna and her family are coming, along with her parents, and our grandmother.  I hope that Angela and Dustin will be able to come, too, but I haven't heard back from her yet.  We haven't figured out where anybody will stay, but somebody (-bodies) will be here with me and somebody (bodies) will be with my sister.  My grandmother will stay with my mom.  Anyway, I tell you all of this because it is the incentive I need to tidy up the upstairs extra bedroom.  I plan to do a little every day this week because, well, that's how I work best.  And I plan to share my progress with you as I go along.

Here is what the room looked like this morning before I started.  Those boxes have some of Sarah Beth's outgrown clothes in them and other things that need to go into the attic.  Hopefully, John will be able to get to that this weekend.  As you can see, we also use the room as a catch-all for toys.  The ones that aren't downstairs to be played with live upstairs in this room.  I have a plan to sort them this week, also.

Here is the pile of stuff on the bed.  What a mess!  I have been storing these boxes up here so I can put Sarah Beth's and Daniel's outgrown clothes into them.  

This picture is the "after" picture from this morning.  There are a couple of more boxes because I boxed up some of Daniel's old clothes.  (Does it make you sad to do that?  I love some of those outfits, and I really hope we have another boy to wear them.)  I also brought up the plastic boxes I plan to sort the toys into.  I don't know how successful I will be keeping them sorted, but we'll see.  I will take pictures of the toys and tape them to the box so that Sarah Beth can help sort them.  

Yesterday morning, Daniel got me up earlier than everyone else.  After he ate breakfast, while I was making muffins for the rest of us, he kept getting into trouble.  If this is how boys usually are, he will run me ragged, I'm sure!  First, he climbed onto the hearth so he could eat some of the rocks inside the fireplace.  After I got him down, he crawled to the bathroom and pulled up on the toilet so he could play in the water.  (He can't quite reach the water yet, though.)  Then he crawled to the phone cord to play with it.  After all of that, he ended up on his knees at the end table, stuck, needing help to get down.  All of this occurred within twenty minutes.  (Speaking of toilets, I just had to go wrench him away from it again!  Sarah Beth didn't do this; boys certainly are different than girls.)

One of my friends is having a baby this morning; if you think about it, would you send up a quick prayer for her?  I know she would appreciate it.

6 comments:

MyKidsMom said...

Hahaha:) Yes, that's pretty much what boys do. I had two 22 months apart, and they were double the trouble. But SO much fun. It does take some getting used to though:)

I need to clear and de-clutter as well. Though thankfully I don't have visitors coming,lol. I hope Angela and Dustin are able to make it. And it's a great idea to have Sarah Beth help out.

I already said a prayer for your friend. The easiest delivery is still a LOT of work. God bless them and their new little one.

Laura said...

Hey Nikki,

Just though I'd leave you a quick comment to let you know that the baby is still not here...it's about 5:20. They were really busy this morning and got the pitocin started late, and that combined with the fact that I'm just S-L-O-W!!! I was hoping to go a little faster this time, but oh well. At last check (2 hours ago) I was a whopping 5 centimeters. The same doctor did my epidural and I've got a hot spot again like I did with Hannah. He's coming back in a little while to re-dose it. It's not awful though...just mildly uncomfortable. Other than that things are going great! I've been deciding what I want Adam to go get for me to eat after the baby arrives. :) If it's not too late I'll give you a call, otherwise I'll call you tomorrow.

Marva said...

Praying for Laura!

Yes!!!! YES!!!!! YESSSSSS! Boys are like that! The twins have always been into most everything.....keeps me out of trouble too though, I have to watch them like a hawk! They are blessings though! I hope you have another little one to wear them too!

Many blessings!

IF said...

Hahah!! That is so funny. Yes, welcome to Imp- hood.
hahahahahah. Olivia likes getting under the tv cabinet and playing with Irek's game cube. I can't wait to share about what Iza did sunday in front of the whole church!! I am so happy for Laura and Adam too!!!!!

Angela said...

I just sent you an e-mail! We are coming this weekend, and I am so excited! Now, I'm off to write a post because it says "1 week ago" next to my name on your blog roll. That is unacceptable.

daynagonzalez said...

Neither of my boys liked to get into things and I think that God just blessed me with what He knew I could handle. I had it hard enough with two in diapers and being so young and all...and with my personality, I think I may have just gone crazy if they had been into everything.

Can't wait to see you and your precious little ones. :o)