Monday, December 1, 2008

New Computer

John bought a new computer this past weekend, an Apple.  We had a Dell, but it was several years old, and it wasn't performing like it should.  John had been talking about getting an Apple, but the clincher was when he used one of our friends'.  He fell in love!  When the Apple store in town had a sale, he bought one.  Yes, he talked with me before he purchased.

I tell you all of this because all of my "favorite" internet places are stuck on our old computer.  I can still find all of my blogging friends because of my side bar, but the blogs where I "lurked," well, I may never find them again which makes me sad.  

I also have a document that I need to type up this week, and I have no idea how to do that on this new computer.  And John is not here to help me figure it out!  Oh, well.  I shall survive.

By the way, don't forget to enter my give away!

3 comments:

Laura said...

Nikki,

We have a new Apple too...our old one crashed right after we moved. I love ours! If you need any help I may be able to help you over the phone or something. We also have a Firewire that you're welcome to borrow. Adam knows a lot more about them than I do, but basically you plug it into your old computer and your new computer and it transfers all of your bookmarks, photos, documents and other info to the new one.

I'm going to enter your giveaway when I get a chance...maybe naptime today. :)

Nikki said...

Thank you, Laura! Right now, I need to type up the nursery schedule, and I don't even know where to do it! I'm sure I'll figure it out, but oh, my!

MyKidsMom said...

Nikki, I am SHOCKED! YOU, a lurker? I quess you never can tell, lol.

New computers are so nice because they usually work better, but I HATE reloading (and refinding)everything.

I have posted about the contest... so enter me twice please!