Tuesday, December 16, 2008

I'm Dreaming of a Cold Christmas....

Did you hear that in Bing Crosby's voice? That's how I'm singing it today. I'm dreaming of a cold Christmas, just like the ones I used to know. Okay, maybe not. I do live in Georgia, and I have always lived here, and we don't have white Christmases although sometimes they are cold. Anyway, the high today is 70, and tomorrow it's supposed to be 77. And so on until Monday. Then it's supposed to cool down to 57. Even this is warmer than usual. I admit that I am jealous of some of my blogging friends' cold weather. It seems so strange to read about being snowed in when I am wearing a short-sleeved shirt.

What kind of Christmas are you dreaming of? I may have shared this before, but the only white Christmas I have ever experienced was down in Jacksonville, Florida. Angela, do you remember that? It was long, long time ago, at least twenty years. Oh, and it was ice not snow.
I'll go back to singing now. I'm dreaming of a cold Christmas....

5 comments:

Angela said...

Yes! It was The Great Snow of 1989. And I don't think that it really counts because, as you said -- that was not snow, it was ice. But it was the closest we Floridians will ever get to snow.

It is in the 70's here today, too. Tomorrow the high is 78. I was sad to see that on the news. I don't necessarily want it to be freezing cold, but I would like to be able to wear my new red turtleneck sweater in honor of the Christmas holidays without sweating like crazy!

MyKidsMom said...

Oh dear, didn't mean to make you envious:) I might just be willing to send it down to you in a few days.

So do they still have Christmas- themed sweaters in the stores(short-sleeved of course;)? LoL

Nikki said...

It's usually cold enough to wear long sleeves this time of year, so no, Christmas-themed sweaters are all long-sleeved. That's a thought, though....short-sleeved Christmas shirts. Hmmmm....

Marva said...

Oh no! I just sent you an email about your order.....I have not received anything from you. When did you send it? Was it by email or in comments?

Please resend it, I will get it out asap.

I am so, so sorry. Please forgive me.

Blessings!

Tina said...

I would like a white Christmas too. I live in GA also (this warm weather we're having is really messing with my sinuses!), but we're heading up to visit family in WV for the holidays, so I hope we get some snow!