Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A Good Day!

My good, real-life friend Laura had her baby yesterday.  You can go here to see a picture of her new little boy.  Doesn't Laura look good for just having had a baby?  Of course, this is number five, so she's been through it all before.  I'm so excited about getting to visit her this evening and seeing her new baby!  I've been hankering after a Chick-fil-A milkshake lately, and I thought she might appreciate one, too.  I remember how hungry I am after I deliver a baby.  

Here is the spare bedroom after I worked on it this morning.  Does it look any better to you?  It may not, but there is more order to this mess than there was yesterday.  I got all the toys sorted into different bins and boxes.  Right this very minute, I am printing out the pictures I will tape onto the boxes.  I think our children have too many toys, so tomorrow I plan to re-sort the toys into "keep" and "giveaway."  Don't all children have too many toys?  Honestly, shouldn't it be that way?  Not that we want them spoiled, but it's nice to be able to provide our children with nice things, isn't it?

Happy day!!!  Angela is coming this weekend, and she's staying with me!!!!  I'm so excited because I didn't know if she was going to be able to come or not.  Of course, I'm also excited that Dayna is coming, but I already knew she was coming.  I haven't seen either of them (or their families) since Angela's wedding three years ago.  I can't wait for Friday!  I was supposed to work this weekend, but my sweet boss (who does not read my blog) found replacements for me.  Yea!!

It's a good day!  A new baby in our church family and cousins coming to visit!

3 comments:

Nikki said...

Have you tried Chick-fil-A's new Peppermint milkshake? It is so good!! Hope you enjoy that shake.

Nikki said...

Nikki, I have not had one yet, but that's what I plan to try tonight!!

MyKidsMom said...

Laura does look wonderful in her picture, and I love the name of her new baby (but then I'm partial to Bible names myself,lol).

So glad you're going to get to spend time with Angela. Honestly, if I didn't live so far away, I'd invite myself over:)