Thursday, December 18, 2008

Eclectic Post

I have several things I would like to share with you today, and I would also like a little advice, if you can help me.  However, first things first, as they say.  The winner of the Christmas coasters is Mykidsmom.  Congratulations!  I know that you have been wanting a set since you first saw them this summer.


I watched the latest Chronicles of Narnia movie last week and this week.  (Yes, I watched it twice.)  Since I haven't seen anyone else mention it, I thought I would.  Although there are a few differences, the movie is fairly faithful to the book, and I was impressed by that.  I thought the movie was very well done, and I recommend it.  Of course, there are some fight scenes in it, so it is not appropriate for young children.  If you need a last minute gift, you might want to consider this movie.  By the way, I hope they continue the series because The Voyage of the Dawn Treader is next, and it is my favorite. 

Is tea an acquired taste?  I have several flavors of tea that sound wonderfully delicous, like candy cane lane, gingerbread spice, and apple cinnamon; but I just don't like the taste.  What am I doing wrong, or what should I add to make my tea worth drinking?  Do you know?  Please help!

I have a dentist appointment today, and I look forward to having nice, clean teeth this afternoon!

4 comments:

Laura said...

Oh phooey! I forgot to enter your giveaway. I haven't been online much since Adam finished finals last week and I'm way behind on blog reading. Oh well, I'm glad Mykidsmom won them!

Do you put sugar or honey in your tea? I'm not a big fan of hot tea because it smells much better than it tastes...kind of like coffee. Tea smells wonderful but tastes like plain old hot water to me. But if you add a teaspoon of sugar or honey it really brings the flavor out. I've just recently started liking Chai tea with a little sugar and a little milk.

Marva said...

I like honey in my tea!

I actually typed hiney in my tea. Glad
I caught that! LOL!

I drink decaf green tea by Celestial something the other.

Congrats to mykidsmom!

Blessings!!!!

Mrs. Darling said...

I hate tea. I dont like green tea. I dont like red tea. I dont like tea in a cup, I dont like tea at sup. I dont like hot tea, I dont like cold tea, ...okay you get the point!

MyKidsMom said...

Whoo Hoo! It's about time I won a contest,lol. Goodness knows I've entered enough of them.

I mean... I humbly accept this wonderful prize:)

I love cold tea, but only drink hot tea when I'm sick. The BEST tea (yes, it's been scientifically proven by myself) is Bigelow plantation mint Tea (and I don't like mint) with only sweet. I keep being tempted by those lovely sounding teas you've mentioned, but I know I most likely won't care for them.