Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Children's Antics

You'll never believe what my children have been up to lately.  Actually, you will because your children probably did the same things, that is, if you have children.

Daniel has started pulling up.  The first time he stood on his own was in the bathtub which was not a good place.  He is not pulling up very much, but the other day he tried to follow me up the stairs.  Before you panic, he only got as far as on his knees holding onto the bottom stair.  I am not ready for him to pull up, and I am definitely not ready for him to walk.  (Boys don't walk, do they?  Don't they go straight to running?)  I have a plan, though; I will start knocking his feet out from under him.  Hopefully, that will slow him down a little bit.  John took this picture last week.  There are lots of fun things on the end table.  He is already getting into trouble!

Who can resist this smile, though?  Isn't he cute?!

I don't have pictures of Sarah Beth's antic; actually, I do because John took them, but they are too disgusting to share.  Saturday while I was at work, when Sarah Beth woke up from her nap, she decided to have a little fun with her diaper.  Can you see where this is going?  She took her full and smelly diaper off, and she smeared the contents all over the wall and got a bunch on the floor.  Gross!  Poor John had to clean it all up, but he did a good job.  You would never tell what she had done except it does smell a little in her room still.  Does she look capable of such a thing?  

Have your children been up to anything "fun" lately?

7 comments:

IF said...

Oh how funny! Iza told me the other day that she wanted to go on vacation to your house to see Sarah Beth. Daniel is a hoot! He is going to really be into everything soon. I am worried about the two kids running thing.

Marva said...

thanks for the linky love yesterday! I need all of the help I can get! ;)

Children are something! We went through the diaper messes with the boys. Now, it is contained to the bathroom (when pottying) most of the time. They stillend up in tub sometimes it is so "messy". monkey sits backwards on the big potty.......boy is that yucky at times!

Blessings!!!

Nikki said...

She looks like the cat that ate the canary...

Angela said...

I don't believe any of that stuff. They are both too cute to get into trouble like that :)

Mrs. Darling said...

Well we are up to cookie baking.

Your son is adorable.

MyKidsMom said...

Daniel sure is a chip off the old block (look-wise that is).

My kids never found waste products very fascinating;) But they loved, loved, loved to color and mark up the walls. That may sound tame after Sarah Beth's (the little angel) antics, but I assure you it drove me absolutely bonkers!

"Knock his feet out from under him" LoL

bigSIS said...

thankfully my boys never did that to me....though their daddy deserved it. you know, you reap what you sow??? his mom loves to tell about his diaper disaster. =) LOL yeah, boys pretty much go right to the running bit. my bro got a kick out of my 2nd boy when he was running down the hall, tripped head over heals, landed on his feet and kept right on running....or the time he flipped off the couch onto his head, rolled over and ran out of the room like nothing happened...I just stared in shock! Good luck. lol!