Friday, October 17, 2008

Recipe Fun Friday

I almost panicked yesterday. I did not know what I was going to make for this week's Recipe Fun Friday, and I did not know what we were going to have for supper. What I had planned to fix for both fell through because I did not have one of the major ingredients. There's no substitute for carrots. The nice mail lady saved me, though; she brought a recipe book that I had ordered. Best of Country Breakfast & Brunch has lots of delicous-looking recipes in it, so you will be seeing a lot from it in the future. I am sorry, however, that I forgot to take a picture.

Orange-Cinnamon French Toast
2 to 4 tablespoons butter, melted
2 tablespoons honey
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (I used a whole teaspoon; you can't have too much cinnamon, can you?)
3 eggs
1/2 cup orange juice
1/8 teaspoon salt
6 slices bread

In a bowl, combine butter, honey, and cinnamon. Pour into a greased 13x9x2 inch baking pan; spread to coat bottom of pan. In a shallow bowl, beat eggs, orange juice, and salt. Dip bread into egg mixture, and place in prepated pan.
Bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Invert onto a serving plater; serve with honey, if desired. (I did not invert it onto a serving platter because my platter was too small. The cinnamon stuck to the bread lovely, so it really did not need to be inverted.)

We liked this recipe. John could not taste the orange juice, but I could. He also thought it would be better with syrup, but I liked the honey.

By the way, I tried Mykidsmom's Iced Pumpkin Cookies, and they are delicious. John liked them, and I did not think he would. Even my mom said they were good.

What new recipe did you try this week? Leave a link, and join the fun.

4 comments:

Laura said...

Ooh, that French Toast sounds good. I'll have to try that. Is it crispy like stove-top French toast?

MyKidsMom said...

Sounds yummy! We love french toast, and it's fun to try it different ways. I woke up this morning still trying to think of something I could make, but I'm also missing too many main ingredients. I definitely see shopping in my weekend plans:)

We made the pumpkin cookies this week again; my kids just gobble them up!

Angela said...

I actually did make a recipe for this, but I keep forgetting to bring my recipe and pictures to work so I can write about it (Dustin took our home laptop to work so I can't do it at home). I'll get to it some time this week...I promise!

Angela said...

Okay...I finally posted it! Only 4 days late! Not bad, huh? :)