Monday, September 22, 2008

The Beach

We took our first trip as a family to Fripp Island last week, and we had a wonderful time. Sarah Beth and Daniel enjoyed the beach as you will see from these pictures. Fripp Island is a nice place to take a vacation because it is family-oriented. There is little on the island except for houses and a couple of golf courses. There is a small store for emergencies like milk; otherwise, the nearest grocery store is half an hour away. The only trouble with our vacation was that it was too short; next year John would like to be gone for two weeks. Two weeks! I don't blame him since he barely had time to unwind from work before it was time to wind back up.

Fall arrived while we were gone, so the latter part of the week was not as nice as the former. We still had a good time, and it allowed us to do a little shopping in Beaufort. We found some pictures for the bare walls in our house. Now we just need to figure out where to hang them.


Sarah Beth loved the beach; she loved playing in the sand and in the water. This picture was taken before she had started playing in the sand while she was still clean.

Can you tell what Daniel's favorite part of the beach was?

Somebody had to take the required family picture, and you didn't think you would see me in a bathing suit, did you?

Fripp Island is a game preserve, also, so the deer are not afraid of people at all. We did not try to pet any, but we saw some people who were. We tend to stay away from wild animals.

Isn't this a pretty picture that John took?

6 comments:

MyKidsMom said...

Wow- it sounds like you had a great time! I love the pictures, especially the one of little sand-covered Daniel, lol. It looks like he was eating it;) I definitely wouldn't be posting a pic of me in a bathing suit either, but then you would probably look better in one than I would. And we'll never know, right? lol:)

Angela said...

I'm so glad you had a nice vacation! I'm trying to get Dustin to agree to a vacation up to GA in November (actually -- it's going to depend greatly on his job situation at that time). I know I've said it before...but Daniel looks sooooooo much like John! Do you think so?

Laura said...

Great pictures!! I'm glad you had such a fun vacation.

Nikki said...

Mykidsmom, yes, Daniel was eating the sand. We decided there wasn't anything we could do to stop him, so we didn't worry about it.

Angela, I don't see John in Daniel, but I'm sure it's there. My mom thinks he looks like Chandler, but I don't see that either.

IF said...

Yeah!!! That looks like so much fun!! I can't wait to see you all tomorrow!!!! I laughed so hard when I saw what Daniel liked most of all. Sarah Beth is just so beautiful!! I can't wait to see how much they have grown! Hugs!! Ivy

Nikki said...

Looks like a great place for a family vacation. I love beaches when they are not crowded.

Little Daniel is too cute eating sand.