Monday, August 18, 2008

Work

This past weekend was my weekend to work. I did not dread going in like I did last time I worked. We were still very busy, and one of the technicians did not come in on Saturday because he was in a car wreck. (I'm not sure why he couldn't come in later, instead of sitting home getting drunk, but I did not ask.) I still do not enjoy working, but I have decided that I like working at this pharmacy much better for two reasons. One is the layout of the pharmacy, as I explained before. People with stupid questions cannot aggravate me with them. (This weekend's award goes to the lady who asked if we sell hair. Yes, hair. No, not wigs.) The other reason is that I have enough help. Now that I think about it, my old store was under-staffed.

For those of you who wonder about bothering a pharmacist with your questions, I did answer several good ones this weekend. There were a couple about rashes, one about PEG-tube feedings, another one about a spider bite. Feel free to bring your questions to the pharmacy; just don't bother the pharmacist by asking her where the lightbulbs are. I don't know! (And my technicians do.)

John and the children did fine. Daniel drank his bottle like a trooper. John wasn't quite as stir-crazy, and I wasn't as tired. Sarah Beth enjoyed spending all weekend long with her Daddy. I think John missed me the most!

5 comments:

Angela said...

A couple of years ago I was in a car accident and totaled my car on my way to work. When some of my co-workers found out, they asked "You were in a wreck and you still came to work?!?" I was like "Of course I still came to work! I just totaled my car, so now I have to save up money to buy a new one!"
That is too funny about the woman and the hair!
Glad the kids and Jon did well!

Nikki said...

I understood why he didn't come right into work; he needed to wait for the police, tow truck, and all. But why couldn't he come in after lunch? His wreck happened before 9 a.m..

MyKidsMom said...

Hahaha, HOW do you know he stayed home getting drunk? Surely he didn't tell you that! LoL

DO they sell hair at WAlmart? Now if they were not American-made only, they probably would. Surely there's a factory somewhere in another country making hair;) It would be the only thing they haven't thought of.

That was fast by the way. I thought you just worked a few week-ends ago? Maybe I'm just getting old faster than I thought.

Sometimes even I can't make sense out of my comments, LoL. I think I'm a little sleep-deprived right now.

MyKidsMom said...

Are you checking to see if I have a new post? LoL Just wondering, because I just saw Augusta, Georgia come up on my Feedjit:)

And speaking of Feedjit, how do you like yours? It really spooked me when I first got mine, because I really thought there were days when no one stopped by; it took me a while to get used to it.

I suppose there could be another Augusta, Georgia stopping by my blog and then I would look rather foolish I suppose;) It would not be the first time I experienced that feeling.

Nikki said...

Of course, I was checking to see if you had a new post. Weren't you checking to see if I had one?

I like my Feedjit. I get more traffic than I thought I did, and that is nice to know. As Angela calls them, I have "lurkers."