Friday, August 15, 2008

Recipe Fun Friday


This week I took an old favorite and turned it into a new one. In my Betty Crocker Cookbook, underneath my normal recipe for meatloaf, I discovered a variation for Sage and Pinenuts Meatloaf. I won't bother to write down the recipe because it didn't taste much different than regular meatloaf; we still needed to add ketchup. The reason I will continue to make it is that it has spinach in it. If you would like to try this recipe, just take your regular meatloaf recipe, and add a 10 ounce package of frozen, chopped spinach (thawed and squeezed dry). If you're feeling especially frisky, throw in some pinenuts or toasted almonds for a bit of a crunch. I also tried a new recipe from my Paula Deen Celebrates! cookbook which I won from Marva a few weeks ago. Again, I won't write down the recipe, but to make squash boats, boil the squash until it is tender (about 15 minutes); scrape out the pulp; add a few saltine crackers, salt, and pepper; and top it with Cheddar cheese. Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes.

On a personal note, Daniel's tooth popped through yesterday afternoon. No more toothless grin. I'm so sad.

What about you? What new recipe have you tried this week? Leave a link so we can see your new creation.

4 comments:

Laura said...

Well, I tried a new recipe last week before we moved. Lemon Pie. And it turned out really well, but I can't find the recipe now. It's probably still packed up somewhere. I'll have to save it for next Friday. :)

IF said...

Hi Nikki!
I didn't get a chance to ask Irek's mom for that recipe and she is out of town. I made your muffins this week! That was new! haha! I also made a batch with a combo of blackberries, blueberries, and strawberries, and rasins and they were oh so yummy as well. Things are going pretty good this week... we are flying to the States sometime during the first week of September, not sure when yet! That meeting at church sounded awesome! I hate I missed it.
Great about the new tooth :) He looks like a bundle of joy and he has changed so much!
Olivia is growing too fast and little Iza is still a mess. I am trying to teach her to drink from a cup and it hasn't gone well at all. She just wants to stick her tounge in the glass and spill it to then play with it on her mat. Urrr!

I can't wait to see everyone! I am really enjoying your blogs about the wife book!

daynagonzalez said...

My link works now...but I don't know how to get rid of the first one that I messed up on!

I love stuffed squash AND meatloaf!

MyKidsMom said...

Your recipes sound interesting; and no matter how the meatloaf tasted, I would have put ketchup on it anyway (I love the stuff:) Pine nuts are an addition I wouldn't have thought of though.

Those one-tooth grins are so cute!
My babies always broke teeth very young, so we didn't see too many toothless grins.