Thursday, August 21, 2008

Our Week

This week has been, and will continue to be, a fun one. Monday, of course, we spent catching up from the weekend, especially since I was gone all weekend at work. Monday wasn't so much fun; we were all tired, but I got a lot done. Tuesday we ran some errands, and went to see Laura's new house. It's very nice, but you could get lost just in her bonus room! Yesterday we went to the pool with another friend and her three little girls. Poor Daniel was the only boy, but he survived. That stinker Sarah Beth did not nap yesterday, and she still was not caught up from all the fun from the weekend, so we had to cancel getting together for our monthly Mommies' Group today. I hated to miss it, but we needed to stay home and rest because tomorrow we are going to the Georgia Aquarium. We have heard that it's very nice, and John has been dying to go. We have been waiting for Sarah Beth to get old enough to appreciate it. John is taking the day off, and we are driving to Atlanta tomorrow. It should be a fun and exciting day but also very tiring. I'm sure that Saturday we will need to recover.

Yes, this is a busy week for us. I like to be home three of the five weekdays, and this week we were scheduled to be gone for four. Hopefully, next week will be better.

Addendum: Sarah Beth just threw a fit because she could not get the blanket to lie correctly on her stroller. (I'll share a picture later, hopefully.) Then she picked up her bear and her baby and asked to go to bed. We put her in the bed when she fusses and she loves being in her bed. Apparently, she is still tired even though we put her to bed last night at 7:30 instead of her usual 9:00, and she knows she is tired. Poor thing. I hope she gets a good nap. I'm so glad I cancelled this morning.

3 comments:

Nikki said...

I can understand you wanting to be home more. I am a homebody myself. When we go to town, I'm ready to get back home as quickly as possible. Its even rubbing off on my kids. They dread going to town to run errands.

Nikki said...

I'm the same way, and we even live in town now! The grocery store is less than 10 minutes away!

MyKidsMom said...

I'm the same way. If I'm gone 4 days out of 5, you can be sure I'll stay home almost all of the next week.

The Aquarium sounds like fun! It's been a long time since we've been to one, atleast a couple years.