Monday, May 5, 2008

Tag Four

My cousin Angela tagged me for this "Tag Four." So here goes.

Four Jobs I've had:
  1. I broke and trained horses. I didn't make much money, but I really enjoyed it.
  2. Most of my other jobs have been in pharmacies, but my most memorable was the night shift at Walgreens. Yes, I worked the night shift. I worked seven days (er, nights) and had seven days off. Honestly, I rather enjoyed working nights. John and I had the evenings together when I woke up and he got off work. I have some interesting stories from those few months. I should share some sometime.
  3. I was the Director of Pharmacy at a small hospital once. Don't get too impressed; I was the only full-time pharmacist. That's when I discovered that I do not like being in charge.
  4. I worked for a long time at University Hospital. I trained there as a pharmacy intern and worked there off and on for almost ten years. Whenever I would go back, it felt like home. There's a long story about why I'm not working there now on my one weekend a month.

Four Movies I Can Watch Over and Over

  1. An Affair to Remember. But really, I can watch almost anything with Cary Grant.
  2. The Princess Bride. Does that age me?
  3. Willow. I know that ages me.
  4. A Christmas Story. If you haven't seen that, well, all I can say is that you are missing out.

Four TV Shows I Love to Watch

  1. Home Improvement. Of course, they are all re-runs.
  2. Anything Star Trek: the original series, Enterprise, Voyager, the Next Generation, but not Deep Space Nine. I just couldn't get into that one. These, again, are all re-runs.
  3. Kids by the Dozen. I find big families fascinating.
  4. What not to Wear. I'm not a big fashion guru, but I enjoy how Stacy and Clinton re-make women just by showing them what clothes they should wear.

Four Places I've Been on Vacation (There's no where very exotic on my list.)

  1. Gatlinburg for our honeymoon. We stayed in a wonderful bed and breakfast. We even went back to celebrate our fifth anniversary.
  2. Niagra Falls. I was very young, so I don't really remember.
  3. San Diego. My parents took my younger brother and me one summer when I was in junior high. It was my first time to fly.
  4. Key West. Again, that trip was with my family, and I was pretty young, but I remember the looong bridges through the keys.

Four Favorite Dishes

  1. Mashed potatoes. Yummy!!
  2. Chicken pot pie. John doesn't like it, so I don't get to make it very often.
  3. Beef and spinach lasagna.
  4. Steak.

Four Websites I Visit Daily

  1. My e-mail account.
  2. My blog.
  3. My friends' blogs.
  4. I don't go anywhere else very often.

Four Places I'd Rather Be

  1. No where. I'm at home, and I'm a homebody. It would be nice, however, if John were home so we could spend some time together while the children nap.
  2. I do enjoy going to my mother's house.
  3. I enjoy going to church, even though Daniel doesn't let me sit through the whole service.
  4. I enjoy going to bookstores!

Four Others I'd Like to Tag

  1. My friend Laura.
  2. Another friend Ivy.
  3. My blogging buddy Mykidsmom.
  4. Another blogging buddy Babychaser.

5 comments:

MyKidsMom said...

This sounds like fun, I'll post mine tommorrow. I understand it's combinations of four (aren't I smart?) but is there any set amount or just however many you want to do?

I've never seen the Movie Willow, looks like I'll have to do that now:) I too am a homebody, it's my favorite place to be. Did I see the name Clinton on your favorite list? LoL..I'm assuming that's a makeover show...they ARE fascinating.

Angela said...

I don't think that liking the Princess Bride ages you! I like that movie, too. I also like Star Trek--but mostly just the Next Generation and Voyager--and What Not to Wear!

Nikki said...

Mykidsmom, I don't know. I just did the same ones that Angela did. Just do whatever you want!

By the way, I ordered one of the Jane Austen books from Amazon (used, of course!) based solely on your endorsement. You'd better not let me down! Just kidding!

Laura said...

This one sounds like fun! I haven't been on the computer much lately, but I'll try to do it in the next few days. :)

daynagonzalez said...

I completely agree on the Star Trek series! I didn't like Deep Space Nine, either. I have fond memories of watching those shows with my dad. Now he rents them from the library and watches every episode in order. Drives my mom nuts!