Thursday, May 8, 2008

New Job

Well, I have a new job. Actually, I guess it's the same, old job, but it's in a new place. I used to work at the Wal-Mart in a small town near our old house. I went into the Wal-Mart near our new house yesterday, and they are willing to rearrange their schedules in order for me to work there now. I was planning to start in June, but they cannot use me until July. How much do I work? Every fourth weekend. That's not much.

I do not like working. I have always used pharmacy as a means to an end. First, I used it to support my horse habit; this was before I was married. Then we used it to buy the property where we used to live and to build the barn. Thankfully, I married a man who realized how important it is for children to be raised by their parents not daycare workers. I quit work full-time when I was pregnant with Sarah Beth. Honestly, I would rather not work at all. It is such a hassle.

However, my working is the wise thing for us right now. It keeps me trained and my foot in the door just in case something happens to John's job. The best part is that John has a weekend to see what my weeks are like when he is at work and I am home alone with the children. Since I started working again after Sarah Beth was born, he has never asked me why I didn't get something done. The extra money I make is nice, too. We try to use it for something special.

I am not looking forward to going back to work, but it must be done. At least, it's not until the end of July!

3 comments:

daynagonzalez said...

I'm so glad that you are able to stay home with your children. So many moms today don't understand the importance, and others don't think they were "cut out" for it or that they can afford it. I was blessed to have a mom who stayed home with me and my siblings, and now I can stay home with my children.

MyKidsMom said...

I think you are really smart to keep your "foot in the door" in your prior profession. It's much better than having to start over 10 years from now when you may need that extra money for music lessons for the kids and such. It makes a HUGE difference that they are willing to work with you schedule wise; and it's DEFINITELY good for Daddy to get his time in;)

Instead of answering through the comments, I put an update at the end of the post yesterday, since I figured others were wondering too.

You sure are getting after me alot lately, LoL:)

IF said...

Happy Mother's Day Nikki!! I hope you have a wonderful Sunday!