Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

The children are still asleep! Yea!! So I am taking this time to blog quickly. Here is a recipe I got from All Recipes for Oatmeal Raisin Cookies with the changes suggested by one of the reviewers. They are so good that I am thinking of making them again this week.

Ingredients:
3 jumbo eggs or 4 large eggs, beaten
1 cup raisins (I think they could have used more)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon allspice
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 cups rolled oats
1 cup chopped pecans (I left these out)

Directions:
  1. Combine eggs, vanilla, and raisins in a small bowl; cover and let stand for 1 hour.
  2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F,
  3. In a large bowl, cream the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar together. Sift together the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, allspice, cloves, and baking powder. Stir into the creamed mixture. Then stir in the raisin mixture, rolled oats, and nuts.
  4. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto an unprepared cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.

1 comment:

Laura said...

These are some YUMMY cookies! I know because Nikki brought some over one day and it was all I could do to not finish the entire bag after she left. :)