Thursday, March 6, 2008

My Sweet Husband!

Monday we took Daniel to the doctor for a check-up. John, sweet man, took a half-day off work on a busy day to go with us because there was no way I could handle Daniel and Sarah Beth all by myself, and my mom had the flu. The doctor said that she does not want Daniel going out in public for a few more weeks because it is flu season. I had been looking forward to getting out some this week, even just going to the mall to walk around without buying anything. There went my plans, my dreams.

I have been cooped up in this house for the last three weeks, only leaving for doctor's appointments (twice), church (twice), and the grocery store (once). I am starting to feel lonely and stir-crazy. To top it all off, I don't get to spend time with my blog friends like I used to, either. And John has been working late because the plant has been having problems.

Tuesday night when John called home to say that he was on his way, I was in tears. We had actually had a good day, but the evening was turning bad, and I needed to get out. John offered to try to come home a little earlier Wednesday night so I could go out for a little while. Of course, I jumped at the opportunity. But I didn't mention it to anyone because I was afraid it wouldn't happen. When he called last night on his way home, he asked if I were still interested. I said that I had been looking forward to it all day!

When he got home, we ate supper, and I left with Sarah Beth. Daniel can be a real handful in the evening, and Sarah Beth is easy to take when you run errands, so I didn't mind taking her. I didn't do too much, but I was gone for almost two hours just because of how far we live from town. I went to Rite-Aid to pick up our prescriptions and do a little shopping, and then to Borders to get a new book by my favorite author. Then I went to Chick-fil-A to get a cookies-n-cream milkshake. Oh, they are sooo good! Then we went home. It was nice to get out of the house for a little while.

John had a rough evening, however. Daniel was fussy the whole time. John said that he was not happy more than five minutes. Poor baby does not know how to go to sleep by himself, he hates to be held, and he hates the bouncy seat. That only leaves the swing which he tires of, also. And then when he finally does start to nod off, Sarah Beth wakes him up. It's enough to drive a mommy and a daddy crazy. Anyway, when we got home, Daniel was asleep on his daddy's chest. Things were pretty peaceful the rest of the evening.

5 comments:

Marva said...

I'm sorry things seem so bad. Glad you got out though. It always does so much good just to have a hour or so to yourself. We did not leave the house from October '06 until April '07, except to go to the peds office for Synagis (antibodies to fight off RSV). Yes ma'ma, EIGHT months!!! I went grocery shopping for 2 hours, once a week (and to run errands) when hubby got home from work. So, I can sympathize. Praying for you....it will get btter soon! Blessings!!!!

~Babychaser~ said...

I hope things get smoother soon! I'm glad you got to get out though! After DS was born I took a long time to heal, so for the first 5ish weeks I wasn't even driving. That meant that I could only go out if DH was driving... and that meant no one to look after the baby. :) Glad you are up and about!

Nikki said...

Okay, it sounds like I don't have it so bad. Thanks, ladies, for putting my cabin fever into perspective. Things always seem their worst when you're in the middle of them, don't they?

IF said...

HI Nikki,
I hope it gets better quickly! I don't know how it is with two yet but I know how hard being stuck in the house is all the time! Somedays I felt like my house in Poland was a prison cell.
I hope we can get together this week sometime :). We decided late last night to just go to church here because my sister and her husband are in town this weekend! So it will either be this evening or next Sunday when we make it to our sweet church!! Will miss seeing you all.

mykidsmom said...

What a blessing that your hubby is helping out, husbands like that are not as common as one would think.

And I remember how stir-crazy I used to get with my little ones, glad you were able to get out even for a little while.

And you're smart for keeping the little guy in, sometimes I feel like staying in myself with all the sneezing and coughing going on right now, Lol. Take care~