Saturday, March 29, 2008

My Outing!

Did you notice that the title says "My Outing," not "Our Outing," or even "The Outing." No, it was my outing -- I got to go out by myself! John offered to keep the children today for me to go out for a little while all by myself! I have some pumped breast milk in the freezer, so he was even going to let me be gone long enough for him to have to feed Daniel. I looked forward to it all week.

First, I went to Walgreens where they were sold out of a couple of the things I wanted to buy, but I still got some pretty good deals. I spent $21 and saved $10, but that includes a couple of things that I had to pay full price for. The best part was that it did not cost me a thing out of pocket because I had a gift card with rebate money on it. Then I went to CVS to pick up some contact stuff that is on sale with ECB's coming back. Then I went to Joann's; ours is moving so everything there is on sale. I was hoping to score some good deals on yarn, but all the baby yarn was gone. Actually, the only yarn left was stuff I did not want, but their pattern books were 50% off, so I found three of those that looked interesting. There was also a box of pretty notecards that were 30% off (I got 70 cards for $10). Then I went to Kroger. Like everyone else who reads my blog, I'm sure, I stock up on stuff when it's on sale. Thus, this week we did not need much, and I spent $48 and saved $21. All in all, it was a very nice trip, from saving some money to being out by myself.

However, John did not have a good time at all. Apparently, Daniel cried almost the whole time I was gone. John would finally get him to sleep, and then Sarah Beth would wake him up. At least, I wasn't gone long. John called me to see when Daniel needed to be fed, and I was able to tell him that I was on my way home. I was home thirty minutes before Daniel needed to be fed. Of course, he fell asleep while eating and is taking a nice nap now. So is John! It's good to know that I can make it to all of those stores in between Daniel's feeding times. I will have to keep that in mind.

By the way, last night was wonderful. I fed Daniel at 9:30, and he slept until 4:00. Then at 7:30, I was trying to get motivated to get up when I heard him stirring. Oh, it was wonderful to be able to sleep in like that!

3 comments:

MyKidsMom said...

Good for you Nikki! I remember what a HUGE thrill it was to get a time-out like this when mine were still babies. And even sometimes now.

And I think it's actually good for daddy's to stay home and get an idea what days are like for mommy. I don't mean that in a negative way, it just helps them to keep things in perspective.

You're blessed to have a good hubby that realizes the need and value of giving mommy her much-needed occasional break.

Mrs. Darling said...

Sleep is indeed precious to the new mom!!

Hey did you have a total weight loss since January that you wanted me to add to the sidebar?

Marva said...

Yeah for you sweet friend. We all need a little time to ourselves. blessings on you and get some rest!