The finished blanket.
We're getting back into our routine with the holidays over and CC starting back. It's been cloudy lately, so that combined with our routine made things a little, well, not so much fun. But we've worked hard this year, and I know that if we continue to work hard, we will enjoy a sense of a job well done -- at least, I will. :)
Here are a few things I enjoyed this week:
- John being back home. He was gone Tuesday night for work.
- the Book It program from Pizza Hut. With three children eligible, we had a fairly inexpensive meal while he was gone. Next year, we'll have four!
- a long talk with my mother. It's been too long (more than a week) since we had such a long phone call.
- rain. We've had so many cloudy days lately; finally, it rained! Don't give me clouds unless there's rain in them! :)
- a finished blanket. I've been knitting this blanket for, it seems like, forever. And I'm finally done! Now I need to schedule a trip to the pregnancy center to drop it off along with a bunch of other stuff Hannah has outgrown.
- starting a new blanket! That's always fun!
We plan to watch some of Trump's inauguration this morning since an inauguration only happens once every four years -- we hope. And honestly, I've never watched one before. We also have plans to have supper with friends this weekend, and we're looking forward to it! Other than that, it looks like a quiet weekend at home.
What did you enjoy this week? What do you have planned for your weekend?